Ankeny Dog Park
- Drinking Fountain
- Parking Lot
- Walking/Biking Trails
The Ankeny Dog park is 7.5 acres that will allow dogs of all sizes to run freely in an entirely fenced in area. The park features a half acre pond, separate small and large dog areas and open green space for your dog to run.
Dog Park Policies
For Everyone's Safety & Well-Being
- Each dog must have a valid Season Pass Tag attached to their collar and visible at all times
- All dogs must have a current rabies vaccination certification
- Zero Tolerance for Dog Waste – Handlers must pick up and dispose of their dog's waste
- Gates must be kept closed at all times
- Children under 10 years of age may not enter fenced area. Children 10 and over must be supervised at all times
- Handler of a dog must be 18 years old
- Maximum of two dogs per handler
- This facility and parking lot are tobacco and alcohol free
- No wheeled vehicles are allowed in the dog park unless used for a disability
- No animals besides dogs are permitted in the dog park
For Your Dog's Safety & Well-Being
- If Ankeny residence, dogs must be licensed with the City
- Dogs must be over four months old
- Dogs must be kept on a leash while entering and exiting the facility, must be off leash inside the park
- Dogs should be within eyesight and under voice control at all times and never be left unattended
- Always carry a leash within the facility, one per dog
- Intact females may not attend the park during their heat cycle
- No food or drink permitted – small training treats are allowed
- A flat buckle collar is required. Pinch/prong/spike collars are not allowed
- No digging, owner is responsible for filling holes as needed
- Owners are responsible and liable for any damage caused by their dogs
- Large Dog Area – Dogs must be over 15" at shoulder
- Small Dog Area – Dogs must be under 15" at shoulder
- Sick and lame dogs will not be permitted to use the park
- Aggressive dogs will be asked to leave the park with owners
Displaying Your Dog Park Pass
All dogs using the Ankeny Dog Park must wear an annual permit tag on their collar while at the dog park. Dog Park Ambassadors will check for dog park passes and enforce rules at all times.
Passes are sold online or in person Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Ankeny Parks & Recreation office, located in the Public Services building, 1210 NW Prairie Ridge Drive. You must bring a copy of your pet's current rabies vaccination certificate in order to purchase a pass. Dog Park Passes and City Pet Licenses are good from Jan. 1 - Dec. 31. A separate pass must be purchased for each dog.
All resident season pass holders must also have their dogs licensed through the City. Pet licenses are required for all dogs and cats. The fee is $15 for each spayed/neutered cat or dog and $25 for unaltered pets. You must submit a current rabies certificate from your vet at the time of purchase. Get started or renew your pet license.
Memorial &Tribute Gifts
Benches can be purchased as part of the City of Ankeny's Memorial & Tribute Program.