Do you need to make a claim regarding the return of personal property from the Ankeny Police Department?
Make an appointment
A scheduled appointment is required to pick up all property. Complete the form below or call 515-289-5278 to make an appointment to claim property.
- Appointments may be scheduled during business hours, Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- A photo ID is required at the time of pick up. (Drivers license, passport)
Can all evidence be released?
Evidence being held for court will not be released until the judicial process has been completed or approval is provided by the Polk County Attorney’s Office.
Can I pick up property for someone else?
Yes, however a notarized letter from the owner is required. The notarized letter must contain:
- Name and notarized signature of the owner
- A list of items requested for release
- Name and date of birth of the person who will be picking the item(s) up.
Firearms requested for return must be accompanied by a court order unless being held for the sole purpose of safekeeping. To obtain a court order, contact the Polk County Clerk of Court to file a request for Return of Seized Property.