The City of Ankeny is proud to offer scholarships for Ankeny students who want to participate in Parks & Recreation youth activities who may not have the financial means to do so.
- Who is eligible for this program? Any child under the age of 18 living within Ankeny city limits who qualifies for the free/reduced lunch program in their school district.
- How do I qualify for this program? Eligible participants must bring their Free/Reduced Lunch paperwork to the Ankeny Parks & Recreation office for enrollment into the program. Those eligible and not attending Ankeny Community School District shall bring their most recent tax return to the Ankeny Parks & Recreation office for enrollment. Qualifying financial guidelines:
Annual Household Income*
For each additional family member add
- Who do I contact for additional information? Ankeny Parks & Recreation at 515-963-3570.
- When does scholarship eligibility expire each year? All accounts reset annually with the beginning of each school year. Participants need to bring their paperwork each year to the Ankeny Parks & Recreation office to be eligible for the scholarship program.
- What are the scholarship-eligible programs through Ankeny Parks & Recreation? Group swim lessons (excludes private lessons), Youth Sports Leagues including flag football, softball, soccer, volleyball, basketball, tee/blast ball
- Is there a limit to how many activities I can sign up for? Yes, each individual that qualifies can register for one (1) free program per school year.
- How do I register for an activity? Once the individual is enrolled in the scholarship program, you may register for by calling the Parks & Recreation office at 515-963-3570 or stopping in the office at 1210 NW Prairie Ridge Drive Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please note that scholarships are administered on a first come, first served basis. Once program funds are depleted, the program will discontinue. Eligibility for the program does not guarantee program registration if funds have been exhausted.