- Our City
- Parks & Recreation
- Parks & Trails
- Dog Park
- Rules / Pass Information
Rules / Pass Information
Dog Park Pass / Permit Tag
- All dogs are required to have a Dog Park Pass to use the Dog Park
- The permit tag must be worn on the collar while at the Dog Park
- Dogs must also have a pet license to use the park
- Dog Park Ambassadors will check for permit tags and enforce rules at all times
- The gates at the Dog Park are locked. Once you purchase your yearly pass, you will receive a code to enter the park. Please do not share this code with others. If caught sharing, we reserve the right to revoke your membership without a refund. If for any reason the code needs to be changed during the calendar year, this will be communicated to pass holders via email.
- Annual Dog Park Passes: $25 each for residents, $35 for non-residents
- Passes are sold online. Annual Dog Park Passes are valid from Jan. 1 - Dec. 31.
- Your dog's rabies vaccination must be current and you must provide the certificate in order to purchase a pass.
For Everyone's Safety & Well-Being
- Each dog must have a valid Dog Park Pass (permit tag) attached to their collar and visible at all times
- All dogs must have a current rabies vaccination certification
- Zero Tolerance for Dog Waste - Handlers must pick up and dispose of their dog's waste
- Gates must be kept closed at all times
- Children under 10 years of age may not enter fenced area. Children 10 and over must be supervised at all times
- Handler of a dog must be 18 years old
- Maximum of two dogs per handler
- This facility and parking lot are tobacco and alcohol free
- No wheeled vehicles are allowed in the dog park unless used for a disability
- No animals besides dogs are permitted in the dog park
For Your Dog's Safety & Well-Being
- Dogs must be licensed with the City or other city of residence
- Dogs must be over four months old
- Dogs must be kept on a leash while entering and exiting the facility, must be off leash inside the park
- Dogs should be within eyesight and under voice control at all times and never be left unattended
- Always carry a leash within the facility, one per dog
- Intact females may not attend the park during their heat cycle
- No food or drink permitted - small training treats are allowed
- A flat buckle collar is required. Pinch/prong/spike collars are not allowed
- No digging, owner is responsible for filling holes as needed
- Owners are responsible and liable for any damage caused by their dogs
- Large Dog Area - Dogs must be over 15 inches at shoulder
- Small Dog Area - Dogs must be under 15 inches at shoulder
- Sick and lame dogs will not be permitted to use the park
- Aggressive dogs will be asked to leave the park with owners
Expenses needed to operate the dog park are being offset by pass sales. The park is a financially self-sufficient operation. However, there is a need to continue fundraising for capital projects.
Please make your check payable to City of Ankeny / Dog Park. Donations will be deposited by the City of Ankeny. Donors will receive a confirmation letter verifying receipt of the tax-deductible contribution. Thank you for your support!
Ankeny Parks and Recreation Department
1210 NW Prairie Ridge Drive
Ankeny, IA 50023
Benches can be purchased as part of the City of Ankeny's Memorial and Tribute program.