Library Board of Trustees
About the Library Trustees
The Ankeny Public Library Board of Trustees is a group of seven (7) Ankeny residents, each appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council, whose collective duties include:
- Staying informed about library activities, needs and concerns.
- Reviewing draft budget request including line items.
- Approving final budget request based on board approved priorities.
- Supporting and advocating for budget request when presented to the city.
- Reviewing and approving monthly financial reports; prioritizing needs to match available funding.
- Informing city council, mayor and city staff about library activities, needs and concerns.
Board members serve four-year terms. Meetings are on the third Thursday of the month at 6 PM, except for December.
The Board was established in 1959. The Board is empowered through Chapter 21 of the Municipal Code
2023 Library Trustees' Board Packet
Please contact the library for agendas and minutes from previous years.