Block Party

A Block Party Permit is required for all celebrations that include having a street blocked off. The permit requires all homeowners included on the street that will be blocked off to be notified and to agree to the street closing. The permit application must be returned to the City Clerk’s office at least ten business days in advance of the planned event. There is no fee for obtaining a block party permit; however, there is a fee for a Noise Permit, if required. 

Download a copy of the Block Party Application (PDF)

When finished, please email the completed application or return the completed application by mail or in-person to:

City of Ankeny
City Clerk's Office - City Hall
410 W First Street
Ankeny, IA 50023

Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm


Please contact the City Clerk's Office at 515-965-6400.