Liquor License, Wine & Beer Permits

You Need a License to Serve

In accordance with Chapter 130 of the City's Municipal Code, no person shall manufacture for sale, import, sell, or offer or keep for sale; alcoholic liquor, wine, or beer without first securing a liquor control license, wine permit, or beer permit.

All beer permits and liquor licenses must be approved by the City Council. 

To Apply

The City Clerk's office processes all beer permits and liquor licenses in accordance with the Iowa Alcoholic Beverage Division's rules and regulations

If you have any questions regarding the various types of permits and licenses and the corresponding fees and restrictions, please call the City Clerk's office at 515-965-6400.